We can support your existing risk management team with specialist knowledge, provide additional resources to expedite projects or help develop in-house expertise. Consultancy support forms a key component in our 4 step process.
This client had made many unsuccessful attempts to start the Business Continuity Planning process and was coming under increasing pressure from a major customer to provide a Business Continuity Plan.
The SMT were also time-poor, so whilst they had all of the information at their disposal to develop a BCP (Business Continuity Plan), time and a structure to work to were the biggest barriers.
This how our 4 step process helped deliver an operational Business Continuity Management System.
Understand the issues
- Business wants to embark upon Business Continuity to meet its customers supply chain requirements
- It doesn't understand what Business Continuity really means in the context of its operation
- It doesn't know how to start the process
- It doesn't know how to structure a BCP
Develop a solution
- Deliver a business continuity scoping meeting to enable the business to understand:
- Its tolerance for disruption
- The business continuity process
- The steps it needs to work through and in what order
- Its business continuity objectives
- Provide further Consultancy as required to facilitate the process which included:
- Review of BIA, BC objectives and proposed BC strategies
- Establishing recovery times for processes, assets and resources
- Developing the incident response plan
- Engaging with their supply chain to establish BC capability
- Development of the BCP in BCarm Business Continuity Management System
Deliver & implement
- Onsite BC Scoping Meeting
- Review findings and action plan with business SMT
- Agree progress review calls (weekly) to support project
- Deliver any further consultancy as required
- Record all findings, actions, resources in BCarm BCMS
- Engage with Supply Chain to complete BC Questionnaire
- Identify where further business continuity measures needed to be developed, including dual suppliers
- Training for new member of staff employed to coordinate risk management on a day-to-day basis
- Ongoing engagement team support
- Quarterly review calls once project complete
More information on the 4-step process
To discuss how our 4-step process could work with your company BC needs, get in touch for a discussion.