Welcome to BCarm Academy - delivering bite-sized virtual learning on hot topics, available as an additional resource to support in-house training and development of risk management knowledge.
- Individuals who are new to a risk management role and looking to develop their knowledge and expertise.
- Those with risk management responsibility in addition to their primary role.
- Staff that are in supervisory roles who will be taking on risk management duties in addition to their primary role.
- Anyone else who wants to build up their knowledge and understanding.
These will be short punchy sessions, scheduled to last for 30 minutes max.
Our aim is to distil what can seem complex into simple digestible concepts and information.
Attendees will be able to ask questions using chat and where appropriate we will run mini-break out sessions to make them interactive.
The sessions are delivered via Zoom and run twice a month. Each covers a different hot topic.
You can sign up for the session(s) you are most interested in registering for below.
Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with your unique link to join that session.
BCarm Academy topics for 2024 will be available to register for shortly - please check back.
On Demand Academy Sessions
New sessions are added here which you can request to replay at a time that's convenient for you.
The Duties and Responsibilities conferred by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Arrangements.
Focus on People in your BCP
- The importance of creating Certainty – a human need
- People as a Key Asset/Resource
- The make-up of your Business Continuity Team
Safe systems of work/Method Statements
- Debunking the secrets
- Understanding what information to include
- The importance of communication in the workplace
Lifting Equipment / LOLER
- What is LOLER?
- What lifting equipment is covered by LOLER?
- Planning lifting operations
- What measures can you take to avoid risk
- How to approach risk assessments
- Creating a method
Hierarchy of Control
- Which risk controls to use and when
- The importance of using the Hierarchy Of Control
- How to use the Hierarchy Of Control
Introduction to Business Continuity
- Business Continuity vs Disaster Recovery
- The BC process
- The pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The impact of bringing in plant, machinery and equipment into the workplace
- Forklift Truck case-study
- Exploring Operations, Hazards, Storage, DSEAR and other factors.
- What are your Company Responsibilities for a Competent Person
- What happens if it all goes wrong.
- Responsibilities around Asbestos – who this falls to
- Understanding safe asbestos management within buildings
Incidents and Accidents
- Best practice for managing serious accidents in the workplace.
- What information should you collect?
Health & Safety Digitisation
- Inherent challenges of the Health & Safety Process
- What is digitisation?
- How can it benefit the H&S Process
Safety Sampling / Reporting
Covering: What should I be measuring and focusing on – lead and lag performance metrics