New Era Fuels was established in 1919 and is a nationwide distributor of Bulk Gas Oil, providing next day delivery all year round and same-day emergency delivery and out-of-hours service for emergency situations.
We have 130 employees based at our 7 sites in the South of England.
Health and Safety is a key business function for us and we are certified to ISO45001 as well as ISO9001 and ISO14001. With multiple sites, it’s important for us that we have visibility over all of our activities at all times.
We have worked with BCarm for 3 years utilising the Health and Safety Management systems and E Learning. It works well for us for the following reasons;
- It’s a single resource for all of our Health and Safety arrangements whether its Audits, RAMS, Training or Accident Management, accessible across the business as we need it to be,
- It gives us a business-wide view of H&S across our sites through the reporting functionality allowing us to ensure we are staying compliant and managing any risks,
- Many of our team are not used to using technology as part of their day-to-day jobs and they find BCarm user friendly, which is really important as this helps remove potential barriers to completing their training
- The audit trail, particularly in E learning has proved valuable when it comes to dealing with an accident in the workplace, improving our Claims Defensibility,
- The BCarm functionality (Audit Trail, RAMS Monitoring and Review, Task Management, Time/Date stamping etc) supports Plan-Do-Check-Act, which is a key element of our ISO Management standards,
- The customer supports excellent, always available at the end of the phone or responding to emails.
In summary, it does the job it is supposed to do!