Forklift trucks, also known as FLT's, are essential equipment in many workplaces. However, operating these machines comes with inherent challenges and risks that need to be addressed to ensure the safety of workers and smooth operations.
Several pieces of legislation and regulations apply to the operation of FLTs, including:-
It is, therefore, essential to ensure that all safety regulations are met before and during the operation of FLTs.
How can BCarm help you manage your FLT operations?
- Carry out RA's not just for FLT Operation but for the physical area they work in, the charging areas, maintenance tasks etc.
- Risk Assessments have suggested control measures, which you can tailor to your own needs.
- Equally, you can add your own which then builds a library of control measures which can then be used in future Risk Assessments, helping maintain consistency.
Maintaining your Control Measures
- Risk Assessment allow you to create proactive safety reporting regimes in between your annual Risk Assessment review. By proactively monitoring on a regular basis whether your control measures are operative or not, you’re identifying potential issues before they occur.
- This will also give you a performance score, so it helps you manage performance over time and also build Safety Performance KPI's.
With editable templates and the ability to build your own, you can create a variety of controls that are instantly reportable in BCarm;
- Weekly inspection Checklists
- FLT Charging Area Checklists
- Workplace Transport route Checklists
All of the above also generate performance scores to assess trends and manage performance and allow corrective action to be captured and assigned to individuals when completing the Checklist.
Safe Systems of Work
You can produce these for different aspects of your FLT operations if required. These can also be turned into Training Records with Safety Briefings.
To manage statutory inspections and your own maintenance checks.
Corrective action from monitoring of RA’s and use of Checklists can be tracked and managed to ensure shortfalls are addressed. This will support Plan-Do-Check-Act if you have ISO45001.
HSM App - via Tablet or Mobile
With the BCarm HSM App you can easily access Checklists, Task Management, Incident Manager, Asset Manager and the Information Library wherever you are, regardless of whether you have an internet connection or not. The App automatically syncs with the system once the device is online. To see the App in action click here.
Can notify you where there are shortfalls arising from your FLT Risk Assessments or FLT Checklists.
Use the Custom Reports and Dashboard builder to create a dashboard to display the data from all of your FLT activity above, for instance;
- Performance of your Risk Assessment's Control Measures
- Performance reported through the use of your Checklists
- Performance of Maintenance checks
- Corrective Action Task completion rates
To manage FLT driver training, refreshers and renewals, including retaining certificates.
You can also use Safety Briefings to deliver and record specific Training Sessions on Risk Assessments or Safe Systems of Work on your FLT Operations. Your employees can sign digitally that they have "Received and Understood" the training.
Any Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Safe System of Work or Checklist can be instantly turned into a training tool that allows employees to sign "digitally" that the have received and understood the training.
Training – E Learning
Our extended course list includes;
- Lift Truck Safety
- Lifting Operations & Lifting
- Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Warehouse Safety
- Safe Movement of Vehicles