This is a half-day workshop is delivered to groups of between 8 and 18 delegates.
Definition Of Business Resilience: The ability of a business, its people, systems and processes to main their core purpose and integrity in the face of shocks and surprises, both internal and external and foreseen and unforeseen.
Protecting our businesses and their value should be a high priority to business owners, but as human beings, we are not wired to consider the worst-case scenario.
We also have individual biases that make us more or less attuned to risk, particularly entrepreneurs who are comfortable with risk.
Decision-making is an emotional process; we can be further disadvantaged by a lack of an “emotional” connection to risk. This comes not from considering the “Likelihood” of Risk but the “Consequences”.
In 2020 many businesses had their resilience tested and could adapt and pivot; many struggled.
This Workshop will allow delegates to broaden their perspective on business resilience across the following components;
- Risk Biases: identifies potential blind spots by looking at how different personalities view and react to risk differently.
- Business Resilience Analysis: A case study company where members will analyse resilience risks and consider how they might be mitigated.
- Into the Abyss: A dynamic workshop that will allow members to experience both the physical and emotional consequences of risk first-hand as they have to navigate their way through a “live” major incident at a business in which they are the Senior Management Team.
- Building Business Resilience: How to address this in simple bite-sized chunks, with clear objectives and minimising complexity which is frequently a barrier to business resilience planning.
- The Business & Commercial Advantages of Resilience Planning
Outcomes for Delegates
At the end of the session, members will have the following:
- A deeper understanding of business resilience
- How it can be improved
- Simple tools and technique to make this happen
- How Resilience can be used to create commercial advantage.
£750 per workshop plus VAT.